In May, 2023, OSHA announced a new National Emphasis Program (NEP) aimed at preventing and…
As we learned in part 1, the major manufacturing steps involved in for building insulated glass units includes glass cutting, creating the IG unit, gas filling, glazing and packaging.
Once the frame and glass units arrive at the glazing lines, a wet glazing compound is applied. The IG unit is then placed into the frame and then cleaned and inspected for quality assurance before being transported for final packaging.
Specialty dollies are used to move finished IG units throughout the plant floor to reduce breakage. Our experience working with our window fabricator and glass shop customers is that building a customized glass handling solution is more affordable than you think and is a better solution for your long term business goals. We take the time to understand your glass handling needs and have a variety of flat glass handling equipment solutions including:
- Standard Dollies– economical way to store randomly sized insulated glass
- Harp Type Insulated Glass Dollies– diagonal harp type PVC covered divider rods, perfect for shipping
- Heavy Duty Dollies- all welded steel for extra support of your heaviest glass pieces
- Full or Partial Base Harp Racks– ideal for separating and transporting single lites with a grooved base making it easy to load
- Twin Level Harp Racks– used when space is at a premium, the twin level racks can be built to a variety of sizes
- Twin Level I.G. Dollies– solution for storing large and small units and fully customizable to your specifications
- Oven Racks– available in an endless range of sizes, designs, slot widths, base types and locking caster options.
An often overlooked step in the assembly process is the final protective wrapping that is applied to a finished window or door unit. This ensures that dust and debris do not come in contact with the finished windows while they are in storage or during transport. Wrapping windows is a very unique process and is a necessity for safe transportation of windows. Wakefield offers reliable and economical stretch wrappers from manufacturers who know this particular market and build stretch wrappers solely for windows. Our K-29 vertical stretch wrapper is a top quality window wrapper at an affordable price.
Wakefield’s glass handling solutions can help at every step of the glass manufacturing process. For a quote or more information on our products, please call us or fill out our online form.